The Joy of Drawing Chicago Great Western

Two things first attracted me to the Chicago Great Western Railway.  First was their many colorful paint schemes.  Second was their can do attitude towards railroading.
In the many photographs I saw of Chicago Great Western, I saw lash-ups of F-Units teamed with all sorts of motive power pulling mile long freight trains across Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota.  Chicago Great Western truly stuck it out and fought hard to keep its railroad running.
One of the first Chicago Great Western locomotives I drew was an SD40 painted bright orange.  What inspired me to draw it was how proud the railroad was of its new locomotives as they stood out working alongside first generation diesels.
I always enjoy drawing new Chicago Great Western equipment.  I feel Chicago Great Western's history stands to be remembered by us all.

To see my Chicago Great Western artwork,  visit my website
http://www.andyfletchertrains.com/chicago-great-western.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cumberland, Maryland-A Great Railroad Community

We All Love Model Trains- Support Your Local Hobby Store

Alaska Railroad and the Whittier, Alaska Railroad Barges