Drawing a Maine Central GP7 For the Big E Show in 1994

In the Winter of 1994-1995, we were getting ready to travel across the country from California to Springfield, Massachusetts for my first attendance of the Big E Hobby Show.  That winter, I began drawing railroads of New England and the Northeast as we prepared for our journey.
As I headed to the studio, some of the first railroads I worked on were Boston & Maine and Maine Central.  I have always been partial to the bright colors of New England's railroads.  The above Maine Central GP7 was drawn in this session.
As I continued to work in the studio, I drew a Boston & Maine Berkshire and locomotives of Bangor & Aroostook and Rutland.  Many of my first New England locomotives came from this drawing session.
I always enjoy the inspiration of a drawing project when many railroads come together to make a theme.  It is truly a joy to see how many railroad systems connect and how freight and passenger railroads work together.

To see more of my railroad artwork, visit http://www.andyfletchertrains.com/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cumberland, Maryland-A Great Railroad Community

We All Love Model Trains- Support Your Local Hobby Store

Alaska Railroad and the Whittier, Alaska Railroad Barges