Ship It On The Frisco-A Visit to Tulsa and Drawing The Frisco



Frisco was fairly popular at the Great American Train Show in Houston, however, about a month later, we attended another show in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  At the time, I only had a drawing of a red and white Frisco GP38-2 and the 1522 steam locomotive.
In Tulsa, the 1522 was especially popular.  At the show, people asked if I had drawn the red and gold e-units for the Meteor passenger train.
When I returned home to the studio, more Frisco engines were on my drawing board.  I drew red and gold e-units Sea Biscuit, Messenger and Big Red, all named after famous race horses.  Every time I see many of the Frisco engines that I have drawn, I think of that early Great American Train Show that I attended in Tulsa and the many fans of Frisco that attended it.

To see more of my Frisco drawings, visit http://www.andyfletchertrains.com/frisco.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cumberland, Maryland-A Great Railroad Community

We All Love Model Trains- Support Your Local Hobby Store

Alaska Railroad and the Whittier, Alaska Railroad Barges