My First Chance to See Chicago and North Western

On my first big railfanning trip in the summer of 1991, I got my first chance to see Chicago and North Western.  Chicago and North Western was a railroad I had read about for years as the eastern connection of Union Pacific, but that summer, I finally got to see it.
Headed west from Chicago, I saw my first Chicago and North Western train just outside of Ames, Iowa.  It was a grain train making a stop at an elevator to pick up hoppers.  All of my life, I had seen these grain hoppers make their trek across America.
As I journeyed west, I visited friends in Gering, Nebraska.  We took a trip up the the Chicago and North Western yard in South Morrill.  There, I got to see Chicago and North Western's new Wyoming Centennial tribute Dash-840C #8542.  As soon as I got home from my trip, I drew that locomotive and sent a print to my friends.  I was well on my way to becoming a railroad artist.

To see more of my Chicago and Northwestern railroad artwork, visit
http://www.andyfletchertrains.com/chicago---north-western.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cumberland, Maryland-A Great Railroad Community

We All Love Model Trains- Support Your Local Hobby Store

Alaska Railroad and the Whittier, Alaska Railroad Barges